71 total views, 3 views today
State of Emergency Controller, Commissioner David Manning, has issued orders that Government Employees should be paid during this Emergency period.
Government employees, as defined in the orders, include the following:
- State services
- Constitutional institutions
- Statutory bodies
- State Owned Enterprises
- National Judicial Staff Sercices
Employees falling under the above categories are to be paid during the national Emergency period and are to resume once the Emergency ends. The order also states that no deductions should be made from his or her leave entitlements.
Non-essential employees are required to work from home.
The following essential providers are ordered to work during the Emergency period:
- All health workers
- Immigration and border security
- PNG Customs services
- Internal Revenue Commission
- Royal PNG Constabulary
- PNG Correctional Services
- PNG Defence Force
- Government Payroll Staff
- National Intelligence Organisation
- Staff of Central agencies involved in the emergency operations
- Waste Collection providers
- Cleaning services provided by the Government
- Water and power providers
- Any other agency required from time to time to provide its service on the directions of the Emergency Controller
The above are required to provide safe work practices which include adapting to alternative work arrangements to ensure safe and hygienic work conditions.
The order further states that these workers who develop symptoms associated with COVID-19 are to stay home and seek medical attention by calling the COVID-19 hotline on 1800 200.
The Controller warned and ordered that those who do not comply with the above orders will be penalized by the appropriate laws.