684 total views, 22 views today
Air Niugini has announced, through a media release today, that it will be offering a range of deals to promote domestic tourism. PNG Air is expected to do the same.
The announcement comes after the Controller issued new orders over the weekend revoking earlier more stringent control measures to what appears as a step towards opening up borders and encouraging local tourism.
The SOE Controller issued a range of new Domestic and International Travel Measures, some of which are:
- No limitations on any domestic travel
- Home isolation for 7 days for international travellers from Australia (excluding Victoria), New Zealand, and most of the Pacific Islands. Where segregating at home is not possible inbound passengers still need to hotel quarantine for 7 days.
- Passengers arriving from other international locations still need to quarantine at a hotel for 14 days.
- Negative PCR COVID test within 7 days prior to travel is still a requirement.
- Controller Approval in advance is still a requirement, however, passengers transiting Port Moresby to Australia or to other locations do not need to get Controller approval.
- Air Niugini has now had its passenger cap into Brisbane increased to 50 passengers per flight, and with no limit into Cairns.