PNG workers Launch Class Action Against Australian Company
Natalie Whiting of the ABC in an article titled “Foreign workers launch class action suit against mining company” said that a number of Papua New Guinean workers at taking class action against the labour hire company that brought them to Australia.
Key points :
- The number of Papua New Guinean workers involved are 80
- They were brought in by a Labour hire company on 3 year contracts
- It’s been 7 years since they were hired
- They’re taking action against labour hire firm Corestaff
- they’re alleging that they’ve been left ‘high and dry’.
- They were sent back months later after arriving
- It’s likely that the work dried up
Pic: ABC & Pat McGrath
Please follow and like us: