112 total views, 2 views today
It’s one of the most exotic destinations in the Asia-Pacific region. A country that has tourism as one of its major contributors to its economy with estimated tourism receipts directly injecting a staggering 12 trillion baht. The Kingdom of Thailand has been on the bucket-list for many travelers for a whole host of reasons from its unique historical culture, the landscape and of course the beaches in Phuket. Papua New Guinea passport holders should start saving up and include Thailand as a place to go to because travelling there has just got easier.
In the latest tourism news released, Thailand has now granted passport holders of 21 countries the opportunity to apply for an eVisa. Papua New Guinea is among that list!
So what are the requirements to apply:
- A photo of you passport cover.
- A copy of your personal passport details. Be aware that your passport must have at least 1-month validity.
- Accommodation Booking. If you are staying in an Airbnb you will need a letter of your host which confirms your reservation. This document must include name and surname of all travelers who will stay in the accommodation.
- A copy of your airline ticket (arrival and departure).
- Credit/debit card or PayPal account for payment.
The eVisa facility applies to the following countries: Andorra, Bhutan, China, Ethiopia, Fiji, India, Kazakhstan, Maldives, Mauritius, Papua New Guinea, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine or Uzbekistan.
- Travelers must have their passport with at least 1-month validity from the date of arrival and have 1 page available for the VISA stamp.
- The e-Visa on Arrival is only available to travelers whose point of entry into Thailand is Suvarnabhumi Airport, Don Mueang Airport, Phuket Airport, and Chiang Mai Airport
- Electronic Visa on Arrival: Special service counters are provided by the airports between Immigration Zone 1st and 3rd level for the holders of a pre-approved electronic Visa on Arrival. (Near Zone 2nd or Priority/Premium Lane).
Equally important – The purpose of your trip must be tourism, and the departure must not further than 15 days after the arrival.
We suggest if you have any queries to contact the Thailand Tourism Office through this link.