58 total views, 4 views today
Anshuman Rath will lead the Hong Kong Men’s squad for their upcoming tour to Papua New Guinea. The squad will travel to PNG on the back of a strong showing at the Asia Cup whereby the team narrowly lost to India by 26 runs. The tour offers a number of young an upcoming players a chance to show what they can do at the top level with many progressing through the Player pathway program within CHK at U16, U19 and Men’s A Team level.
The squad will compete in a T20 triangular series with Papua New Guinea and Papua New Guinea Academy XI before concluding the tour with 3 x 50 Over matches against Papua New Guinea.
Hong Kong Squad:
- Anshuman Rath (Captain) – Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Aizaz Khan (Vice Captain) – Kowloon Cricket Club
- Aftab Hussain – Diasqua Little Sai Wan Cricket Club
- Ehsan Khan – Diasqua Little Sai Wan Cricket Club
- Ehsan Nawaz – Pakistan Association Cricket Club
- Ghazanfer Mohammad – Diasqua Little Sai Wan Cricket Club
- Hamed Khan – Pakistan Association Cricket Club
- Kyle Christie – Midland Guildford Cricket Club (Perth)
- Nizakat Khan – Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Raag Kapur – Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Shahid Wasif – Diasqua Little Sai Wan Cricket Club
- Tanveer Ahmed – Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Umar Mohammad – United Services Recreation Club
- Waqas Khan – Diasqua Little Sai Wan Cricket Club
T20 Series –
- Monday 1st October – CPNG Academy XI v Hong Kong
- Monday 1st October – CPNG Academy XI v Papua New Guinea
- Wednesday 3rd October – Papua New Guinea v Hong Kong
- Wednesday 3rd October – CPNG Academy XI v Papua New Guinea
- Friday 5th October – CPNG Academy XI v Hong Kong
- Friday 5th October – Papua New Guinea v Hong Kong
- Saturday 6th October – T20 Final (Top 2 teams after the group stage)
50 Over series –
- Monday 8th October – Papua New Guinea v Hong Kong
- Wednesday 10th October – Papua New Guinea v Hong Kong
- Friday 12th October – Papua New Guinea v Hong Kong
Head Coach Simon Cook is looking forward to the challenge of touring Papua New Guinea and continuing to build on what has been a positive few weeks for the squad winning the ASIA Cup Qualifiers in Malaysia and challenging Pakistan and India in the group stages of the Asia Cup.
Cook is particularly keen to see how the new faces perform in the squad with a number of players earning their selection through strong domestic performances last season and also positive signs on the Men’s A Tour to Malaysia in April and August of this year.
CHK Chairman of Selectors Tabarak Dar believes that the tour will help provide a platform for the new players into the squad to showcase what they can do at the next level with one eye on the T20 World Cup Qualifiers towards the latter part of 2019.
Source: Hoong Kong Cricket