259 total views, 3 views today
It’s not a document that we really get concerned about on a daily basis until we’re requested by an authority to obtain one for the purpose of a visa application, passport or an account. There are many reasons why you’d need a Police Clearance Certificate so we’ve listed 10 important things we’ve come across when completing one.
- You’ll need to state exactly why you need a police clearance certificate.
- There are 9 reasons stated on the form as to why a certificate is needed but this is only a guide. A certificate can be used for any purpose. The reasons expressly stated on the form are: Employment, New Bank Account, Passport, IPA, Visa, Firearms, NAC Pass, Study within PNG and Port Pass. If none of these apply, state the reason in the “Other” section.
- You will need to attach a passport size photo.
- The fee for making an application for a police clearance certificate is K10 (at the date of this posting).
- Payments should be made at the Finance Haus, Vulupindi Waigani
- It usually takes 5 working days to obtain a certificate.
- You will need to have your finger printed.
- A Police Clearance Certificate application can be obtained from any Police station although the best place to obtain one is at the Boroko or Gordons station.
- You may also be requested for the bio-data of your passport (if you have one) so always make a copy and keep it handy should the Police ask.
- NCRO is the organisation that processes the application and issues the certificate.