Most small businesses tend to overlook insurance because they do not have the finance or simply are ignorant of it.
As another year commences, most businesses will be getting back into the swing of things to continue its operations. Like many organisations, business owners will be looking at the year ahead and planning its operations. One factor that no doubt will be in the minds of business owners is insurance.
Most small businesses tend to overlook insurance because they do not have the finance or simply are ignorant of it. But when a disaster happens within the business and they find themselves without an insurance cover they could lose a lot of money and could end up shutting down their business.
So if you are venturing into a new business or already have an existing business but without insurance, it is time you could consider insuring your business. Our Partner Pacific MMI offers insurance products for businesses and we would be happy to direct you to them to assist you with information on insuring your business.
Generally, Pacific MMI offers the following insurance services for businesses:
- Small Business
- Commercial and Professional
- Manufacturing and Retail
- Construction and Transport
- Government and Semi-Government
- Associations and Affinity Groups
- Medical (Corporate)
- Workers Compensation
There are many reasons why you should consider insuring your business. Some of them are listed below:
- To protect against risks and perils to property
- To protect against liability claims
- To protect human assets
- To attract and retain employees
- Because businesses are not included in homeowners coverage
- Because coverage may be required by law
- Because coverage may be required under the terms of your contracts
So if you’re venturing into your new business, we recommend that you consider your insurance needs. You never know if a disaster could happen and if it does, you could find yourself losing your business assets and generally your investment.